Sunday, May 16, 2010

I have a cold...but its warm out!

I know this happens to everyone but how and why? Its 25C here, a beautiful day and yet I catch a cold! Shouldn't one get a cold when it's cold out? Why call it a cold in the first place? If its Coughing, RUnny nose, Sneezing, and all round feeling Terrible, why not call it CRUST? Oh no I caught a CRUST! It makes as much sense as calling it a "cold". Cold implies you get it when its cold out. And why do we say "I caught a cold?", when clearly the cold virus caught us? Some things I will never understand, maybe you can clear it up for me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, before we knew about viruses, it was believed that you only got a "cold" if you went outside when it was cold out or you went outside with wet hair etc (you would be cold).

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete